MD series torque detector modified type, which rotation direction can be selected externally, needs to be designed circuit for changing the rotation direction. (See the instruction manual).
The rotation direction of the motor can be checked by visual observation after removing the cover or by value variation of the display unit without removing the cover.
Rotation direction checking method by visual observation
Remove the cover and confirm by the rotation direction of the belt of the motor.
Belt rotation direction (as view form "Drive side" nameplate)
● The shaft is rotating CW (Clockwise), belt rotation direction is CCW … Drive CW
● The shaft is rotating CCW (Counterclockwise), belt rotation direction is CW … Drive CCW
Switch the power circuit to rotate as above.
The cover is fixed with the 2 six-angle bolts from inside, so when you remove the motor cover to check the rotation direction, remove the cover by passing a special L shaped wrench from the open part of the cover.
Do not touch the belt when you remove the cover. There is danger being rolled in the machine.
Rotation direction checking method by the value variation of the display unit
1. Set the detector on the rotation display setting of the TS series display unit to "INT" (Please refer to the following setting display of the TS-2700 and TS-3200).
When the power terminal is switched to "Drive CCW" and the axis of the detector is rotated to CCW direction
• When the display value of the rotation speed is larger than the value which is displayed on above 4, the belt is rotating CW direction. This wiring is correct.
• When the display value of the rotation speed is smaller than the value which is displayed on above 4, the belt is rotating CCW direction. This wiring is incorrect.
The rotation parameter setting display of the TS-2700
The rotation parameter display of the TS-3200
1. Press [MENU] key.
2. Select "DETECTOR SET" and press [Enter] key.
3. Select "REVO" and press [ENTER] key. Display shows as follows.
For further information of the operation procedure, please refer to the instruction manual.